Monday, September 10, 2012

Request-a-mog : Undead hunter

View from the back showing off the cloak
A few days ago, I told someone I enjoy making transmog sets, the thrill of taking one piece and finding a set that goes along with it. That same person told me he was looking for  a transmogrification set on his undead hunter, something dark or something fiery. He linked me two bows, a Vishanka, Jaws of the Earth and a Vengeful Gladiator's Longbow. I decided to work with the latter, since I just love the looks. The TBC expansion was such a good one considering how many items and sets look good.
I do not play undeads myself, especially not males. Hence the reason that I made this set in WoW-Model Viewer. After finishing this set, I pretty much feel sad for undead males, since its so difficult to find a goodlooking transmog set for them. Maybe its the fact that you cannot cover up all the bones, or colour them in a way so your transmog-set would match even better. Hurray for tabards! I went for a hint of brown in this transmog set since there's a bit of brown on the bottom of the shoulders, and they arent really black (they are a bit grey-ish) I personally think it goes kinda well together with the colour scheme.
I ended up with pieces that would seem not overly difficult  to acquire, except for the shoulders that are from WotLK raids. There's about two or three alternatives so that increases the chance of obtaining a pair.


List of items that I used (no wrists since they do not show on an undead) :



Headpiece
(optional) : Wrymstalkers's Headguard (LFR)

Weapon : Vengeful Gladiator's Longbow


Tabard(s) : Undercity Tabard or Tabard of the Ebon Blade


I hope you will enjoy the set :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment