Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Have a little faith

Ever since MoP came out, they have released the Black Market AH. Here you can buy items varying from tier 3 pieces to random TGC loot. I had seen the Circlet of Faith pop up once on the Bmah before, but I had to stop bidding since it was during a raid, and didnt want my guildies to wait too long (since every time someone bids, I think the bid gets extended to a longer duration)
Wearing the Golden Lotus
tabard, thought it matches the neckline quite well
So, a month or two had passed, hoping every day that one of my favorite pieces would come back on the Bmah. And yesterday,  it did. I know it may seem not so appropiate to bid on a priest item, as a warlock is supposed to be on the dark side and whatnot, but hey, my name is (In)cinderella after all!

The item is so rare and unique when it comes to looks (on any other class than a priest) Plus a white headpiece is pretty rare in WoW, so splurging was definitely worth it.
It doesnt have a class restriction, because originally the quest that gave the tier items back in the old-naxx days, was class only, but the item wasnt.
 

I figured blizzard wants to get more out of the Bmah-aspect by making more pieces available to more classes etc. (esp now that Monks are added to the game) It would only be fair that monks would be allowed to bid on rogue tier 3 and druid tier  3 aswell.
Set shown with an Apron (tabard)

A few weeks ago I also managed to finish my daily quests with Nomi, my apprentice cook. I got my Apron, which is a beautifull white coloured tabard, with a little bit of added detail on the bust. I'm normally not a fan of tabards and such, but I'd make an exception or two for the newly added tabard that MoP has brought us.


As if I wasnt lucky enough by winning the
Circlet of Faith, I also got my Mr Bigglesworth pet yesterday (it has an icey effect when it spawns, plus frostyglow whiskers).
I've noticed that if there is someone in the guild who has the pets that you lack, or the other way around, you can cage the pets, and trade them, so the other person can learn them, get the achievement, and trade them back to you. I can confirm it works, but I do not know if Blizzard will fix it. I ended up getting all the pets from the raids, with an exception of buying three from the auction house to avoid going back to the annoying instances (pets that drop from the later bosses for example)
Talking about pets, the adorable Cinder Kitten has finally been added in the Blizzard Store!


Yay for a cute little bow!
Items listed on my 'have a little faith' - set
Weapon : Staff of Immaculate Recovery
Tabard(s) : Apron, Golden Lotus, Order of the Cloud Serpent (not shown)
Alternatives : The gloves are a pick for me since I prefer this model, the gold colour does fit and I have no problem with a little pink in the mix. There are bracers that fit this set really well, the problem is that the gloves that are currently available in wow, do not match those wrists (a few examples : Swiftheal Wraps, Runed Spell-Cuffs), thus ruining the effect of the wrists. If I were to use them, I'd pair them along with Frostweave Gloves.
The set looks great aswell without a headpiece, if you go for a 'light' hair colour, it make the robe even more stand out. For weapons, as I got a dagger from the raid recently, I'll be using a Starshard Edge along with this set, or perhaps The Soulblade (has a hint of pink, so matches the gloves) is a great fit - For an alternative staff I'd use a Key of the Planes. As far as the belt slot goes, the Ruthless Cord of Accuracy goes quite well with the colours too.




4 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your recent accomplishments! I agree, that's one of my favourite helms, I've used it in a few transmog sets :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Cymre :)
    It costed me quite a bit of gold, but it matches so many mog sets, I feel its going to be worth it. Did you buy the Cinder Kitten yet btw? The emotes are so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. well... you stole my boyfriend halo from bmah :P now he had to wait for next halo...gz anyway :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry that he lost the halo, I lost mine the first time too - this is the second time it popped up on the Twisting-Nether bmah so I'm confident it will pop up again. Had to wait a couple of weeks in between tho, maybe your boyfriend will be lucky the second time around, just like I was :)

    ReplyDelete