Saturday, December 8, 2012

Black & Gold - a Plate (blacksmith) set

Shown with the Rockwurm Plate Handguards
Dressing up alts is something I'd like to do when I am burned out of inspiration with my current main, my warlock. Cloth has alot of options, and its very versatile - hence cloth being my favorite gear type. I've had this set for quite a while on my deathknight, I dragged my partner along with me back then to be able to do the Essence bosses in Black Temple, and I had the luck of it Crown of Empowered Fate dropping quite soon.
They have made Black Temple easily soloable with patch 5.1 - So if you want this headpiece, I suggest you add Black Temple to your weekly raid farm list. You can also get a chance to get
Soul Cleaver whilst you are there, an nice looking golden two handed axe that I oh so desire.
I saved my original set from the leveling start zone, only to realize later that the belt doesnt actually show. In some cases that may have been a downside, but for this set, its rather perfect. Dont worry though, I have added an alternative belt for non - deathknights or for the deathknights who have deleted their set way back.

List of the items used for my Black & Gold plate (blacksmith-only) set :

Weapon : Currently I am using my Firemaul of Destruction, but I recently found a better alternative that fits the set better  - Engraved Hammer. I can't show it to you because my deathknight is still level 85, and the weapon requires you to be level 88. 

Shown with the Replica Gauntlets of Valor
Alternatives : I am using Shattered Hand Vambraces with my Rockwurm Plate Handguards since it shows a tiny edge of gold above the gloves. You can also use the Replica Gauntlets of Valor, the wrists are not visible then.  For the blacksmith-only shoulders, well as a plate class I've always thought that going blacksmith was the best option - It still brings good raiding potential for MoP aswell. However, if you still have the Brackshell Shoulders in your inventory, they go pretty well with this set too. A two-handed axe that goes well with this set would be Soul Cleaver

Ps : I got a bit bored last night and ended up fiddling in photoshop to remake my blogbanner in holiday spirit. Do you like it?

4 comments:

  1. that set looks great with the pet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice! Grats on getting that breastplate :) I've been thinking about making a similar set, but I'll probably use the Truesilver breastplate. I'm not sure that the Truesilver breastplate would be any easier to find, but I already have one in the bank!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks you all :) @ Kamalia, I believe they took out the pattern/ability to learn how to craft the truesilver breastplate in Cataclysm, I'm not really sure. It's a lovely chestpiece, would love to see how you would use it :-)

    ReplyDelete